Tuesday 4 February 2014

22nd anniversary!

Today is 4 February 2014 and it is my 22nd anniversary.

I did not buy any presents for my husband, not even a card. The thing is I, sort of, given up because over the past years, I was the one who bought presents etc. My husband seemed to remember the significance of the date as he was quizzed while watching television together last night.

This morning my eldest daughter sent me a happy anniversary wish. It was a pleasant surprise coming from my daughter. Ya...which parents expect their children to remember their wedding anniversary. At least I don't. 

As usual, my husband announced that he is leaving for work. Unlike the usual parting kisses and hugs, today is a bit different as he started with a "Happy Anniversary.". It was a string of doa and wishes coming from him but it touched my deepest emotions when he said "semoga dikekalkan jodoh kita dunia dan akhirat." 

Omo...omo...(korean expression rule over my head)...

Yes, we have been married for 22 years. We don't spend so much time together like other couples due to our different favourite past times and tv programmes. I, for one, take it that man prays for the angels to accompany them in the afterlife...heaven insyaAllah. That's why it shook my emotions when he said that to me.

My dearest husband, thank you so very much. I feel honoured and loved. No gifts can substitute the prayer you have uttered this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment